5 Advantages of Teflon Coatings
While Teflon has earned a name for itself in the cooking industry, Teflon coatings can provide many more uses throughout various industries. The number of industrial uses for this material is nearly endless.Of course Teflon is known for its non-stick features, but there are many other reasons Teflon coatings are essential for industry. In some cases, they are the difference between a machine that’s operating efficiently and one that’s not.
Here are five advantages of Teflon coatings:
- The electrical properties of Teflon are unparalleled. In cases where you’re dealing with various frequencies, there is no better sealant than Teflon. Its dissipation factor is low, and yet Teflon has high dielectric strength.
- Most chemicals don’t affect Teflon. Most industries use some type of chemical, and Teflon coating services will keep other materials covered so that those hazardous chemicals won’t harm them.
- Teflon is heat and cold resistant. Not all kinds of coatings can withstand both blazing hot and freezing cold temperatures, especially those as extreme as 315 degrees celsius or -270 degrees celsius .
- Since Teflon is non-stick, it basically cleans itself. Teflon coatings are a great way to keep machines clean because liquids just slide right off of surfaces that are coated with it.
- The coefficient of friction is low. There are several types of Teflons, but they are all very smooth and do not put up much resistance, so any moving parts that are coated with it slide gently and easily.
Teflon coatings are not something most businesses think about. Teflon is one material that operates seamlessly without anyone even having to think about it once it has been applied. Of course as with anything, it’s important to have a professional help you determine which kind of Teflon coating will work best for you.
For more information or to discuss your requirements, please don’t hesitate to call Australian Non-stick Coatings, or email your inquiry