Teflon coatings are often used in food processing environments, as they offer a range of benefits to numerous processes.
These improvements include;
- Reduced production downtime
- Reduced product waste
- Reduced cleaning time
- Reduced product changes times
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased production efficiencies
- Increased machinery speed/throughput
- Increased corrosion protection
- Safeguard product purity
These improvements will greatly increase production efficiencies, giving great overall cost saving.
In most cases the cost of Teflon coating pays for itself by reducing only a couple of minutes of production downtime.
One of the key requirements of a Teflon coating in a food processing environment is that the coating is FDA approved for direct food contact. We have a range of FDA approved Teflon coatings in stock, including PTFE, FEP and PFA. The type of coating we use will depend on the process and the product being processed, as each type of Teflon has specific characteristics.
As with all inquiries we receive from customers wanting to have an item/s Teflon coated, we will always ask a series of questions about your process to ensure that we specify the most suitable coating for your application, such as;
- What is being processed?
- Does the Teflon need to be FDA approved for food contact?
- What issues are you experiencing?
- What are the minimum and maximum temperatures of the process?
We recommend that you get in touch with us to discuss your specific needs, and how our range of Teflon coatings can improve your process.