Polytetrafluoroethylene, or PTFE, is the commonly used fluoropolymer, and one that most people are familiar with.
The most common application of PTFE that people will be familiar with is as a non-stick coating for kitchen cookware (pans, baking trays etc.).
Apart from being used in the kitchen, PTFE is used as a cost-effective solution for a wide variety of industries, ranging from Food Processing and Packaging through to Oil & Gas, Chemical Processing, and many other industries and processes where the non-stick and release properties of PTFE contribute to improved product and process performance.
Australian Non-stick Coatings stock a wide range of different PTFE Teflon coatings, as it is not a case of one coating suiting all applications. Our range of PTFE coatings include both One Coat and Two-Coat (primer/topcoat) systems.
The basic properties of PTFE which make it a coating of high commercial value are:
- Exception chemical resistance
- Good resistance to heat and low temperature
- Good electrical insulating power in hot and wet environments
- Good resistance to light, UV and weathering
- Low coefficient of friction
- Low dielectric constant/dissipation factor
- Strong anti-adhesion properties
- Good fatigue resistance under low stress
- Availability of food, medical and high-purity grades
- Low water absorption
The most common applications that Australian Non-stick Coatings will recommend a PTFE Teflon coating are:
• Tray Sealing and Thermoformer Vacuum Plates
• HDPE/PE Fusion and Butt Welding Heater Plates
• Rotational and Injection Moulding Moulds
• Automotive Components
• Textile Rollers
• Laboratory Equipment
For more information on our range of Teflon coatings and other services, to discuss how our coatings and services can assist your business and processes, or to receive a quote for the Teflon coating or re-coating of your items, please head to our CONTACT US page to select how you would like to contact us.