Polytetrafluoroethylene, or PTFE, is the commonly used fluoropolymer. It is made up for carbon and fluorine atoms. One of the common applications of this polymer is non-stick coating for kitchen cookware (pans, baking trays etc.), hence, you can easily find this in your kitchen.
Apart from being used in the kitchen, PTFE is used as a cost-effective solution for industries ranging from Food Processing and Packaging through to Oil & Gas, Chemical Processing, etc.
The basic properties of PTFE which make it an interesting material with high commercial value are:
- Exception chemical resistance
- Good resistance to heat and low temperature
- Good electrical insulating power in hot and wet environments
- Good resistance to light, UV and weathering
- Low coefficient of friction
- Low dielectric constant/dissipation factor
- Strong anti-adhesion properties
- Good fatigue resistance under low stress
- Availability of food, medical and high-purity grades
- Low water absorption
There are many different types of PTFE Teflon coatings available, as it is not a case of 1 coating suits all applications. We have One Coat and Two-Coat (primer/topcoat) systems available to suit most applications.
The most typical applications for PTFE Teflon’s are:
• Tray and Thermoformer Sealing Plates
• HDPE/PE Welding Equipment
• Automotive Components
• Textile Rollers
• Aerospace Applications
For more information on our range of Teflon coatings and other services, to discuss how our coatings and services can assist your business and processes, or to receive a quote for the Teflon coating or re-coating of your items, please head to our CONTACT US page to select how you would like to contact us.